Hello lovely folks! I have some super exciting news to share! A couple of weeks ago the lovely ladies over at Making Stories got in touch to ask if I would be interested in hosting a KAL for one of the patterns from their brand new book BREEZE. Err......mother may I?!!! Of course I said yes! Not only is their work beyond awesome but they are some of the nicest, most talented, genuine women you could meet.
If you haven't heard of them before Making Stories is an independent knitwear design publisher based in Berlin, owned and run by Verena Cohrs and Hanna Lisa Haferkamp. BREEZE is the second book in their European Nature series which combines ethically and environmentally-friendly made yarns with modern, minimalist knitwear designs. In addition to the patterns, BREEZE also includes individual profiles of the designers and yarn companies involved, as well as articles and interviews relating to sustainable yarn, summer knitting and the stories of inspiring members of the fibre community! I was so lucky and honoured to be a part of their first book WOODS and I know exactly how much love and passion goes into their work and I'm so excited to be involved again!
So what am I doing? Basically, Making Stories will be running one big KAL for all the patterns in BREEZE, with lots of exciting prizes! Along side this there will also be lots of other design specific KALS run by other knitters such as myself! For my KAL, I got to choose which of the patterns I would like to make, and after a lot of back and forth (I was spoilt for choice!) I decided to go with the Coromuel Pullover pictured below, a gorgeous three quarter length sleeve jumper designed by Joan Forgione (@papermoonknits on Instagram) and featuring the gorgeous Masham Mayhem 4ply from Ginger Twist Studios and I seriously can't wait to cast this on! I ordered my yarn already! I can see me wearing this not only over the spring/summer but right into Autumn! Would you like to join me?! If you are interested in this KAL or any of the Making Stories KAL's for BREEZE keep reading for all the details below!
Details Of The KAL
So first of all if you think you would like to get involved you can see all the patterns and pre order your copy of BREEZE here at the Making Stories website! You can also get all the sizing and yarn requirement info for Coromuel and all the other patterns on the BREEZE Ravelry page. The official start date is the 4th May and it will run until the 30th June and both the Making Stories main KAL and my Coromuel KAL will be run on Instagram and on Ravelry! Don't worry, I know the start date is coming up quick but you still have plenty of time order your copy of BREEZE and get involved!
What to do to participate.
- First of all, order BREEZE from Making Stories!
- Then, obviously, you need your yarn! Whether you stash dive or splurge, this is one of my favourite parts of planning a new project and it makes all the difference to the finished piece. I'm using the suggested yarn, Masham Mayhem 4ply by Ginger Twist Studios. The online store is closed at the moment but if you are in Edinburgh I strongly suggest you give the bricks & mortar shop a visit!
- Once you have your pattern and your yarn then lets get swatching! As mentioned I'll be hosting the KAL on Instagram & Ravelry. You can find me on Instagram as @flossiknits and I'll also be hanging out in the Making Stories Ravelry Group where there is a dedicated chatter thread for our KAL that can be found here. There is also the main chatter thread for the overall BREEZE KAL that can be found here!
- Hashtags! To keep track of the KAL on Instagram we'll be using #flossicoromuelKAL so we can easily see what everyone is up to. To keep linked with the main KAL you can also use #breezemakingstorieskal as well as #breezemakingstories and #coromuelpullover.
- I'll be keeping an eye on everyone's progress and, with your permission of course, regularly sharing updates on Instagram and Instagram Stories!
I think that's everything! I'd love to see you join in and have some lovely people to knit-a-long with! If you have any questions at all please feel free to email me and ask away!