I’m not usually one for making new years resolutions but since I started this blog I’ve been thinking of all the things I would like to do with it in the coming year. I thought it would be a great idea to get them all out of my brain and down on here as something to work towards and to give me a nudge if I need a little inspiration! So here is my 2015 knit list:
- Knit a jumper! Preferable the one from the Autumn edition of PomPom.
- Knit more swatches of my own ideas and for when I follow patterns. Starting to realise just how important they are and I’ve been really lazy in the past and skipped that step!
- Try dying wool. I’d love to give natural dying a go and have been doing lots of research so hopefully I’ll feel confident enough to try it some time soon.
- Learn more about the different fibres used in wool making and be more adventurous with what I use. I have a tendency to play it safe a bit and always go for merino or alpaca. Since using the blue faced leicester by Kettle Yarn I’ve been curious to try wool from other breeds of sheep.
- Submit one of my own patterns to a magazine. I’d love to have some of my own work published one day and I’d like to have the confidence to send something off for consideration.
- Use more of the wool in my stash! Said every knitter ever!
So there’s my list! Hopefully I can achieve some or all of them over the next 12 months!